About the Canadian CAPS Network
The mission of the Canadian CAPS Network (CCN) is to improve the lives of all those affected by Cryopyrin-Associated Periodic Syndromes (CAPS) and related disorders.
- To improve awareness of CAPS and related disorders among the public, patients and family, clinicians, researchers, and policy makers.
provide information and support to patients and families affected by CAPS and related disorders.
- To encourage and support collaborative research into the causes and treatment of CAPS and related disorders
toward improved diagnosis, treatment, and care.
- To promote and support improved prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care for patients and families affected by CAPS and related disorders.
- To provide a common voice for patients, families and supporters of CAPS and related disorders.
- To serve as a forum for bringing together patients and families, healthcare professionals, researchers, industry, funders, and policy makers to raise funds and promote health policies that improve the lives of those affected by CAPS and related disorders.
Board of Directors
President - Jocelyn Gardner
Vice President - Piyush Gandhi
Secretary/Treasurer - Rick Bourque
Chair, Membership Committee - Charlene Doucette
Chair, Fundraising Committee - Karen Atkinson
Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders
Membership in the Canadian CAPS Network is open to any individual or corporation who ascribes to the mission and objectives of the network.